The Heiresses is an upcoming ABC television series, based on the Sara Shepard book of the same name. It is being adapted from the novel by Marlene King, and was greenlit by ABC on September 29, 2017. It was also revealed that Shay Mitchell would star in the series. 
The Heiresses is a family soap with a mystery twist, set in the diamond world. In the show, the Saybrooks are a household name. The only thing more flawless than a Saybrook’s solitaire is the family behind the diamond empire. Beauties, entrepreneurs, debutantes, and mavens, the Saybrooks are the epitome of high society. Anyone would kill to be one of them. But be careful what you wish for, because if you were a Saybrook, you’d be haunted by secrets and plagued by a dark streak of luck. Tragedy strikes the prominent family yet again on a beautiful morning in May when thirty-four-year-old Poppy, the most remarkable Saybrook of them all, flings herself from the window of her office. Everyone is shocked that someone so perfect would end her own life—until her cousins receive an ominous warning: One heiress down, four to go.
Was it suicide . . . or murder? And who will be next: Aster, the beautiful but reckless girl who’s never worked a day in her life—and who’s covering up her father’s darkest secret? Her older sister, Corrine, whose meticulously planned future is about to come crashing down around her? Perhaps it will be Natasha, the black sheep of the family who suddenly disinherited herself five years ago. Or maybe the perpetually single Rowan, who had the most to gain from her cousin’s death. A gripping, edge-of-your-seat thriller about heiresses who must uncover a dark truth about their family before they lose the only thing money can’t buy: their lives.
- Shay Mitchell as TBA - 0/TBA
- TBA as Corrine Saybrook - 0/TBA
- TBA as Aster Saybrook - 0/TBA
- TBA as Natasha Saybrook - 0/TBA
- TBA as Rowan Saybrook - 0/TBA
- TBA as Poppy Saybrook - 0/TBA
- The show was originally set to be in production on Bravo network, however, it is currently airing on ABC instead. ABC has also committed to a pilot order for the show.
- On August 4, 2017, Gina Girolamo cryptically tweeted to David Deal that they have a deal for the show, and used the tag, "#Heiresses2018".